Top 5 Places in Uttarakhand for A Splendid Vacation
When I grew up, I grew up with a though that I will take a tour of the world and will quench the thirst of living a nomadic life. But then I literally realised that my India has a lot to visit first, let alone the world tour. And then I encountered with Uttarakhand, the land of pilgrimage and some of the enchanted hill stations which should come first in your travel Expedia before the world tour.
Well, I did my bit. I visited the place with nocturnal beauty that takes you in, in no seconds. Also, as I reached there I visited five of the discretely pacifying and unwinding places which were bliss to stay in.
The best part of this state is that, every nook and corner has resorts in Uttarakhand. Therefore, you never have this thought of whether to stay or find an affordable stat.
Top 5 places that are not-miss in Uttarakhand
5) Dehradun: As my train was in the outskirts of this city, I started feeling a strange peace and serenity. This was due to peaks, which were visible showing, how high it could be. It April, though. Yet the weather was pleasant and I did not feel it was summer, which boils us in North India.By the way, rest of the experience staying in the foothills of Himalaya was splendid. We got our fair share of tourism when we visited- Sahastradhara, Robber’s Cave, Tapkeshawar Temples, Mindrolling Montessori, and Tapon.
4) Mussoorie: Situated at an altitude of 6000 feet above the sea level, this “Queens of Hills” has everything that one would require in a hill station. By the time my bus from Dehradun reached Mussoorie, my eyes were glued to the snow-caped mountains, which were telling their story of preservance since they formed. They were quite mesmerizing with decorated with white snow. The popular tourist spots to visit there are Kempty Falls, Mussoorie Lake, Company Garden, Jharipani Falls, The Mall Road, etc.
3) Nainital: Better, we call it as the Lake District; it has an altitude of 1938meters from the sea level. The delight that it presents with its aura is spellbinding. You will forget your partner, if you will the nature her at its best. Some of the famous tourist attractions of the place are Naini Lake, Naina Peak, Thandi Sadak, Nainital Zoo, Lands End, Tiffin Top, Eco Cave, etc.
2) Almora: This district is actually heaven for lovers. It has beautiful mountains and spellbinding view of Himalayas. The nature, the wildlife, the handicraft, and Kumaon culture, everything is so blissful and relaxing. Some of the tourist attractions of the district are Bright End Corner, Kasar Devi Temple, Katarmal Sun Temple, Martola, and Simtola.
1) Kedarnath: Located in Garhwal Himalaya, this is the holiest pilgrimage of Hindu religion. This place despite of temples and bone-chilling weather makes a perfect place to come. Some of the tourist attractions of this place are Kedarnath Temple, Chorabari Tal, Vasuki Tal, and Sankaracharya Samadhi.
So, I hope the list is enough with tourist places to come and sank your soul with. Also, these places are nicely dotted with the hotels in Uttarakhand.